56. The Body in the Garden by Katharine Schellman (Regency, Mystery,).
Widowed Lady Adler has returned to town, and promptly discovers a body.
CWs: murder, racism, sexual harassment, guns, grief.
57. Ana María and the Fox by Liana De La Rosa (1860’s UK Hrom, Mexican FMC/Black-Scottish MMC)
Loved the sisterly bonding away from their dictatorial father & complex feelings AM has over falling for a UK politician like her father.
CWs: coercion, abduction, violence, harassment
58. The Last Remains by Elly Griffiths (WW/WM, Mystery with Rom Elements, final book in series).
Whew! As this book barreled to the end I didn’t know where things would land for our central characters, Ruth, Nelson and Cathbad but I’m deeply satisfied.
CWs: murder, abduction
59. Deep Tide by Laura Griffin (WM/WW, FBI agent MC, small town)
When her employee is murdered, Leyla gets caught up in an larger investigation that has brought Sean into town.
CWs: murder, abductions, secrets.
60. Hidden by Laura Griffin (WW/WM, investigative reporter/ police detective)
When a story is bigger than she could have imagined the one person she trust is the one that fears trusting her.
(CWs: murder, stalking, secrets).
61. Flight by Laura Griffin (WW/WM, CSI/Detective, trauma, serial killer)
Miranda has left it all behind, looking for a new start but when she find a body, she knows she will always be a CSI, Joel just helps her back to it.
CWs: murder, arson, guns, stalked.
62. Midnight Dunes by Laura Griffin (WM/WW, cop/filmmaker)
She lives in the dead woman’s house 😱. Finally a mc who makes sure to eat! All her MCs are always hangry missing meals.
CWs: murder, abduction, blackmail
63. Last Seen Alone by Laura Griffin (WW/WM, cop/lawyer)
Might need to pause this binge. Skimmed to the end, although I did love how it dealt with revenge p r n
Cw: harassment, stalking, assault, guns, grief.
64. Magic Claims by Ilona Andrews (UF/PNR, arc 6/13)
aaahhhhhh love it. So many threads coming together, excellent antagonist & direction. Love these characters so much. Felt familiar and different!
CWs: death, gore, blood, coercion, enslavement.
65. Vanishing Hour by Laura Griffin (RS, WM/WW, cop/lawyer with SAR dog)
Ava gets caught up in searching for missing women, seeing connections the cops have ignored.
(CWs: murder, abduction, abuse, Alzheimer's, grief -- parental loss to cancer)
66. The Brightest Star in Paris by Diana Biller (WW/WM, Paris set HR 1878)
Biller’s prose is clever, smart, funny & heartbreaking angsty. I loved how Ben & Amelie have to let go of so much before they can hold on to each other! CWs: sex work, grief, murder, past trauma: war
67. Hotel of Secrets by Diana Biller (WM/WW, 1870’s Vienna, super competent MC, MMC virgin researches sex!)
I missed the Biller’s usual ghosts but this had so many fun tropes!
CWs: assassinations attempts, guns, blackmail, toxic parents, past trauma: parental abuse, abandonment
68. Desperate Girls by Laura Griffin (WM/WW, bodyguard/lawyer).
The title doesn’t match the book at all but I enjoyed it. FMC has a case she doesn’t want to drop while an escaped serial killer threatens her.
CWs: murder, threats, references to rape, guns, betrayal.
69. Untraceable by Laura Griffin (WM/WW, cop/PI)
Alex helps desperate women disappear but when one returns & goes missing, Alex turns to Nathan for help…but no body & the suspect is another cop!
CWs: guns, arson, murder, misogynistic violence, police corruption, jealousy.
70. Unspeakable by Laura Griffin ( WM/WW, RS, true crime writer/FBI profiler, bad boy/straight arrow)
Troy was classic sequel bait in the last book so I was rooting for him the whole time.
CWs: serial killer, stalking, murder, violence, drug use, assault.
71. Unstoppable by Laura Griffin (RS Novella, WM/WW, SEAL/Archeologist)
A favor for his CO & an assignment that becomes unexpectedly dangerous. Bones, tunnels abd misding grad-students!
CWs: terrorism, grief, guns, bones,
72. Snapped by Laura Griffin (WM/WW, receptionist/detective)
This was undercooked…lots of dropped beats/threads in the romance & odd friendship fails. Toxic dynamics.
(CWs: mass shooting, assault, controlling, past trauma: assault )